FREE Basketweave Chunky Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern - Beginner
Materials needed: (Click on the item to purchase materials through a reliable UK yarn store I use)
● 8mm Knitting Needles (UK0) (US11)
● 5 x 100g Balls of Bernat Baby Blanket yarn - Vanilla #03008 (415g used) (304 yards)
(This yarn is also available in 300g Balls)
If you are in the US, you can purchase the Bernat Baby Blanket yarn from this US Yarn store
These are affiliate links
● Tension Gauge - 8sts x 13 rows = 4” x 4” (10cm x 10 cm)
- change needle size if needed to obtain this gauge.
● Finished Size of blanket - 33 x 33 inches (84cm x 84cm)
● Pattern is more suited to a plain yarn not variegated etc.
● You can increase/decrease the size of your blanket by
multiples of 8 sts and 6 rows.
Cast on 64 sts with Super Chunky yarn (Weight 6 yarn)
(See below for different yarn weight cast ons)
Rows 1 to 6 - *k4, p4 - repeat from * to end of row
Rows 7 to 12 - *p4, k4 - repeat from * to end of row
● Rows 1 to 12 are the pattern, repeat the pattern 9 more times or until desired length.
Cast off knitwise.
Well done, hope you enjoyed making it up your blanket
Did you want to use a different weight yarn?
For a 33 x 33 inches (approx.) blanket use the following:
232 stitches cast on for 4-ply yarn (weight 2 yarn) using a 3mm needles
184 stitches cast on for DK / LIght worsted yarn (weight 3 yarn) using 4mm needles
152 stitches cast on for Aran / WW yarn (weight 4 yarn) using 5nmm needles
112 stitches cast on for Chunky yarn (Weight 5 yarn) using 6mm needles
Please note that all patterns published by Peach.Unicorn Designs are protected by UK copyright law.
Reproduction or distribution of this pattern is strictly prohibited unless specially authorised. This includes any form of reproduction on the Internet, posting, scanning, photocopying or emailing. Derivative works created using this pattern are also strictly prohibited by copyright law.
Purchasers may not resell, redistribute or translate the pattern into another language for reselling.
Permission is granted to print patterns for personal use only and for finished goods to be sold, but with the condition that the pattern is credited back to Peach.Unicorn Designs.